Town of Huntsville
Customer Service
37 Main Street East Huntsville ON P1H 1A1

Phone: 705-789-1751
Fax: 705-788-5153

Map this location
Email Us

Municipal Complaints

We recommend you first speak directly with the service area where you have an issue, in person or by telephone. Most complaints are received verbally and can be resolved promptly by the department in charge of the service.

Submitting a Request for Service

Definition of "Request for Service"

A Request for Service is a request made to the Town of Huntsville for a specific service or to notify the Town that a scheduled service was not provided on time.  Examples of service requests could include repairing of a street surface, reporting a burnt out street light, reporting a bylaw or parking infraction.

How to submit a Request for Service

  1. If your concern is a request for service rather than a complaint, please contact customer service to get in touch with the appropriate department. 
  2. If your concern is related to Town roads, the Submit a Road Inquiry form can be completed.  Alternate formats are available upon request. 

Submitting a Complaint

Definition of "Complaint"

A Complaint is an expression of dissatisfaction related to Town of Huntsville programs, facilities, services, staff or operational procedures, where it is believed that the Town has not provided a service experience to the customer's satisfaction at the point of service delivery.

How to submit a Complaint

The Town of Huntsville has a Municipal Complaint Policy for receiving and handling complaints from citizens who are dissatisfied with service, actions or lack of action by a Town department or staff member.

  1. Step 1:  Speak with us:  Speak with a Town of Huntsville staff member in the appropriate department about your concern.  We want to make things right and will help try to resolve your complaint at first point of contact.

  2. Step 2:  Escalate your complaint:  If you are unsatisfied with the results from speaking with us and wish to escalate your concern, a Municipal Complaint Form must be submitted and will be received by the Town Clerk's Department staff who will log each complaint, give it a tracking number and direct it to the appropriate department as needed; keeping you informed during the process.  Alternate formats are available upon request.

  3. Step 3:  Contact the Ombudsman's Office:  If you are still unhappy with the results after going through Step 1 and Step 2, you may contact the Ombudsman office directly for external review.

All complaints will be dealt with in a confidential manner according to the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. Information will be collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Act.

Who to Contact

Town of Huntsville
Tanya Calleja
Municipal Clerk

Phone: (705) 789-1751 ext. 2255
In Person: 37 Main St East