An entrance (driveway) permit is required if you want to:

  • Construct a new entrance to your property
  • Change the location of an existing entrance to your property
  • Change use of an existing entrance to your property

Apply for an entrance permit

  1. Fill and submit an entrance permit application. In case we have questions, please place your full contact info on the form
  2. Town of Huntsville Public Works will review the application
  3. Fees for appropriate inspections and deposits are required. Note that fees may change annually
  4. Fees can be paid by cash, credit card, debit card or cheque. Cheques are payable to: “Town of Huntsville”
  5. Mark the area with an orange notice or paint a bright fluorescent stake. Visit the Town Hall customer service to pick up your orange notice. Please place the orange notice or stake at the proposed site. If public works staff cannot find the entrance, it will slow your application process
  6. Public Works will inspect the location. You will receive follow up notes from the inspection or your approved install permit
  7. The permit issued will be valid for one (1) year from the date of issue
  8. The applicant is responsible to complete all necessary work for the install of the entrance. Please complete work according to Town standards
  9. The Town reserves the right to approve or reject any entrance permit application. In most cases a permit would be denied if Town standards or engineering best practices were not met

Submit the application

The Entrance Permit application, with applicable fees paid, must be submitted to:

  • Customer Service by Email (fees can be paid by credit card over phone)
  • Customer Service in person or mail to Town of Huntsville, 37 Main Street East, Huntsville, ON P1H 1A1