Huntsville's by-law officers licence and control domestic dogs, only. However, if any animal has been struck and killed by a motor vehicle on a road, sidewalk or ditch, please contact Roads customer service.

Lost and found

We answer concerns and complaints about dogs running at large. 


Lost dog

Found dog

  • If you have found a dog during our business hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm, contact our customer service
  • If you have found a dog after our business hours, contact the OSPCA Muskoka Animal Centre at 705-645-6225


  • If a cat has been lost or found, contact the OSPCA Muskoka Animal Centre at 705-645-6225.
  • Town of Huntsville only controls domestic dogs.


Small wild animal(s)

  • Animal concerns for nuisance or wild animals such as beavers, raccoons, squirrels, etc. should be directed to a wildlife control company under nuisance control in a local directory
  • The Ministry of Natural Resources can be contacted for concerns about wild animals


Please refer to a local directory for pest control services for nuisance pests.

Dog licensing and tags

All dogs must have a dog licence. 

Buy a dog tag online or at Huntsville Pet Valu during regular hours of operation.

Types of tags

You have the option of buying licence tags that are:

  • Annual 
  • Lifetime
  • Replacement - by phone only 705-789-1751 ext 3039 or 3041
  • Free for registered service animals - by phone only 705-789-1751 ext 3039 or 3041

Restricted pit bull dogs

If you have questions or concerns about the Ontario Dog Owners' Liability Act and restricted pit bulls, please contact our by-law office


By-laws are in place to allow Town of Huntsville by-law officers to regulate and enforce the control and licensing of dogs and the control of noise