Our by-law enforcement officers can help get your business licensed with the Town of Huntsville. If you have questions during this process please contact us. 

Types of businesses licensed by the Town

There are the businesses that we will licence:

Adult entertainment establishments

  • Adult entertainment
  • Massage (body rub) parlour
  • Erotica vendor

Refreshment vehicles

  • Refreshment vehicles (such as hot dog and chip trucks)

Transient trader

  • Door to door sales
  • Transient trader (person who offers goods, wares, or merchandise for sale other than on a permanent basis)


  • Taxi driver or owner/broker
  • Limo driver or owner/broker

If your type of business is not listed above, please contact Service Ontario at 207 Main Street West.

Forms and by-laws

Service Ontario business licensing

You can search for a business name, apply, and register for other types of businesses at Service Ontario at 207 Main Street West

Start or grow your business

Check zoning and permitted use of property

Before you buy or lease property for your business, check the Town of Huntsville zoning by-law on the interactive map. This will help you make sure that you can use it for the purpose of your business.

BizPal - Provincial business permits and licences

BizPal (Business permits and licences) is an innovative online service that provides you, the entrepreneur or business owner, with a central place to find all the permit and license information needed to start or grow your business.

Based on some generic information that you provide about the business, you will generate a complete list of needed permits and licenses from the municipal, provincial, and federal levels of government in one place.

Launch BizPaL