Posted on Friday, August 27, 2021 09:15 AM
Please be advised the swing bridge in downtown Huntsville will temporarily be reduced to a single lane of traffic during the morning commute on Tuesday, Aug. 31, from 8 a.m. into the early afternoon.
The bridge will remain open to pedestrians during this time and access to businesses will continue to be accommodated.
Municipal Department Update: Director of Operations and Protective Services Discusses Madill Yard Equipment, Cost Savings and Public Works Job Opportunities
Posted on Thursday, August 26, 2021 11:00 AM
Director of Operations and Protective Services discusses Madill Yard equipment, cost savings and Public Works job opportunities. Watch the August 26 video or review the highlights:
- Director explains cost saving for the Municipality by utilizing a rock crusher at Madill Yard and repurposing old asphalt and gravel
- Sand / salt mix has been stock piled in the yard for this winter and $35,000 is saved reusing the street sweepings from last spring
- Public Works is looking for fall and winter seasonal operators....
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2021 10:00 AM
Diggin’ Downtown partners provide an update on construction progress in a pre-recorded community information session video. This update reiterates details provided in the August 20 release on the new construction schedule. Watch the video or read the August 20, 2021 media release.
Community Information Session Video highlights include:
- Mark Misko, Director of Engineering and Transportation with the District of Muskoka, reviews the updated construction schedule
- Mike Currie, Muskoka North Water and...
Posted on Wednesday, August 25, 2021 05:30 AM
Please be advised that the public bathrooms at 37 Main Street East (Club 55 bathrooms) are closed due to Diggin’ Downtown construction. The bathrooms located at 8 West Street North are open for public use.
Posted on Friday, August 20, 2021 09:00 AM
(Huntsville, ON) –The underground and aboveground streetscape transformation continues in historic downtown Huntsville. While the Diggin’ Downtown project has experienced setbacks due to aging service connections and continuous heavy rainfall, project partners have established a new construction schedule and added an additional construction crew on-site to minimize delays.
The Stage 2 completion goal has been set for mid-September, and completion for Stage 3 is anticipated mid-November. The additional...