The Town of Huntsville hosts a variety of community events, programs and
activities each year. We hope you will come and enjoy all of them:
All Year Long
- Art Atrium - Two floors of art exhibits on a three-month rotation at the Canada Summit Centre. Always something new to see by professional members of local art organizations and tours. Free. Accessible.
- Huntsville Festival of the Arts at the Algonquin Theatre. Dedicated to the arts all year long. Festival website.
- Family Day Activities: Parent, Tot and Family Skate, Family Leisure Swim.
- March Break: Many program activities and day camps scheduled throughout March Break each year. See our event calendar for details.
- April 16, 2017: Muskoka Heritage Place and The Nutty Chocolatier's Annual Community Easter Egg Hunt. The Easter bunny has been to Muskoka Heritage Place and it's pretty sweet! Bring the kids out for this free community event.
- April: Earth Week. A whole week of planet-friendly events and activities with broad community involvement. Something to inform and engage everyone.
- June: Senior's Month. A month-long celebration that includes activities and programs for Huntsville's vibrant, active and healthy 55+ set.
- June: Mayor's Bike Ride and Kids' Bike Rodeo. Make sure that your kids are safe for the cycling season, and then join Mayor Scott Aitchison for a healthy, fun and social bike tour around Huntsville. For more information visit our Transportation page.
- June 21, 2017: First Nations, Métis and Inuit Annual Celebration. A free community event celebrating Muskoka's First Peoples.
- July & August: Concerts on the Dock. Every Wednesday in July and August at 7pm at the Town Dock. Come on down and listen to live music from local talent - and we have talented locals. Arrive early. Bring a lawn chair, a friend and a toonie.
- July 1, 2017: Canada Day. Canada is turning 150! Please join us in downtown Huntsville and surrounding area, kicking it off in the morning at River Mill Park and ending with fireworks after sunset, as we celebrate this special birthday in style.
- July 1, 2017: Dominion Day Strawberry Social & Steam-up at Muskoka Heritage Place: Costumed narrators, historical demonstrations, strolling musicians and the Portage Flyer gets all steamed up for the season!
- July 9, 2017: Ironman Muskoka 70.3. New course in 2017 includes a 1.2-mile swim in Fairy Lake, 56-mile bike course circling Lake of Bays and a 13.1-mile run finishing at the Canada Summit Centre. Ironman Registration information.
- July 17, 2017: Cemetery Decoration Day. 2017 will be
the third annual; a day to celebrate and pay respect to your loved ones,
enjoy the fellowship of neighbours doing the same, or just to come and
explore the history of the area and those who lived here before us
- August: Apple Picking Festival. Come pick your own fresh, delicious, healthy, locally-grown apples at Huntsville's own apple orchard. Find out more on our Healthy Living page.
- September: The Mayor's Golf Tournament raises funds each year in support of a local charity or group of charities. In 2016 the Mayor and local businesses hit the links in support of Huntsville health care. Read more about the Mayor's Golf Tournament.
Holiday and Winter
- December 17, 2016: Portage Flyer Christmas at Muskoka Heritage Place. Hot chocolate, cookies, a vintage train ride and a visit with Santa. A great way to celebrate the spirit of the Christmas of yesteryear.
- December 31, 2016: New Year's Eve Family Skate Party at the Canada Summit Centre Don Lough Arena. Admission is free with a donation to The Table Food Bank.