Property Tax Information
Property taxes are due twice per year: the last business day of March and August. Tax bills are sent out a minimum of 21 days prior to the due date. Interest on account is 1.25% per month on any unpaid balance. Interest
is added the first day of the month following the due date and every month
thereafter on any unpaid balance at the rate of 1.25% per month.
A representative from MPAC (Municipal Property Assessment Corporation) will be available at Town Hall the last Tuesday of every month between 10am and 2pm to address any question or concerns you may have regarding your property assessment.
2014 Tax Due Dates
Please note that the 2014 Interim Taxes will be due on Monday, March 31st, 2014.
Final taxes will be due on Friday, August 29th, 2014.
Property Tax Payment Options
- In person: Town Hall, 2nd Floor Customer Service, 37 Main St. East, Huntsville. Pay by cash, interac or cheque. Please note: credit cards not accepted.
- By mail: Tax Department, 37 Main St. East, Huntsville, ON P1H 1A1. Cheque only.
- By phone or internet: Please complete through your bank's online or telephone system. Your 19 digit property roll number is your account number.
- PAD: Pre-Authorized Debit Plans by Monthly or Installment (due date) available.
- Mortgage: If you have a mortgage, your financial institution may pay the property taxes on your behalf. A Direction Notice must be completed by the owner and sent to the tax department.
- Credit Card: The Town of Huntsville does not offer the option of paying property
taxes using a credit card. However, you may be able to use a third-party
service provider that offers additional payment methods, including credit
cards. The company listed below provides credit card payment services.
Third-party providers charge a fee for their service. Plastiq (Property Tax Payments)
You are responsible for making sure the Town of Huntsville receives your
payment by the payment due date. If you are using a third-party service
provider, you must clearly understand the terms and conditions of the services
you are using. Also, links to other websites, or references on this website to
products, services, or publications other than those of the Town of Huntsville,
are provided only for the convenience of Town of Huntsville website users. The
Town of Huntsville does not endorse these products, services, or publications.
For a printable version of any of the forms above, please visit our Property Tax Forms page.
The original tax bill is sent to the owner at the last known address. Your tax bill is your official receipt for income tax purposes. Please inform the tax department any time your address changes. Address changes are only accepted in writing, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail by filling out an Mailing Address Change Form.
Assessment Rolls - Public Records
The roll books are available to the public and contain property ownership and assessment information. The books are updated annually in December and are provided to the tax department from the assessment office (MPAC). For information regarding property assessments/reassessments please visit the website for MPAC (Municipal Property Assessment Corporation) or call 1-866-296-6722.
Other Property Tax information