Property Tax Information
Property taxes are due twice per year: the last business day of March and August. Tax bills are sent out a minimum of 21 days prior to the due date. If you are curious about how your taxes are calculated, the Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) has a great YouTube video about this topic.
- 2017 Interim Taxes will be due on Friday, March 31, 2017.
- Final taxes will be due on Thursday, August 31, 2017.
- Interest on account is 1.25% per month on any unpaid balance. Interest is added the first day of the month following the due date and every month thereafter on any unpaid balance at the rate of 1.25% per month.
- In person: Town Hall, 2nd Floor Customer Service, 37 Main St. East, Huntsville. Pay by cash, interac or cheque. Please note: credit cards are not accepted. An after-hour drop box is also available from the High Street entrance.
- By mail: Tax Department, 37 Main St. East, Huntsville, ON P1H 1A1. Cheque only.
- By phone or internet: Please complete through your bank's online or telephone system. Your 19 digit property roll number is your account number.
- Pre-Authorized Debit: P.A.D. Plans by Monthly or Installment (due date) available. List of forms at bottom of this page.
- Mortgage: If you have a mortgage, your financial institution may pay the property taxes on your behalf. A Direction Notice must be completed by the owner and sent to the tax department.
Additional Payment Notes
- Credit Card: The Town of Huntsville does not offer the option of paying property taxes using a credit card. However, you may be able to use a third-party service provider that offers additional payment methods, including credit cards. The company listed below provides credit card payment services. Third-party providers charge a fee for their service. Plastiq (Property Tax Payments)
- You are responsible for making sure the Town of Huntsville receives your payment by the payment due date. If you are using a third-party service provider, you must clearly understand the terms and conditions of the services you are using. Also, links to other websites, or references on this website to products, services, or publications other than those of the Town of Huntsville, are provided only for the convenience of Town of Huntsville website users. The Town of Huntsville does not endorse these products, services, or publications.
As of January 1, 2017 tax certificate requests will be processed at $62.00 per roll number. Please ensure that a 19-digit property roll number is given and legal description is provided at time of request and sent to Town Hall, 37 Main Street East, Huntsville, ON P1H 1A1. Make cheque to Town of Huntsville and address envelope to Tax Department.
Mailing Address Changes
The original tax bill is sent to the owner at the last known address. Your tax bill is your official receipt for income tax purposes. Please inform the tax department any time your address changes. Address changes are only accepted in writing, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail by filling out a Mailing Address Change Form.
Assessment Rolls - Public Records
The roll books are available to the public and contain property ownership and assessment information. The books are updated annually in December and are provided to the tax department from the assessment office (MPAC). For information regarding property assessments/reassessments please visit the website for MPAC (Municipal Property Assessment Corporation) or call 1-866-296-6722.
Pre-Authorized Payment Plan Forms