Property Tax Information
Property taxes are due twice per year: the last business day of March and August. Tax bills are sent out a minimum of 21 days prior to the due date. Interest on account is 1.25% per month on any unpaid balance. Interest is added the first day of the month following the due date and every month thereafter on any unpaid balance at the rate of 1.25% per month.
Paying property taxes in the event of a postal service disruption
There are numerous ways to pay your taxes in the case of a postal service disruption. Taxes are due August 31. Please read the Town of Huntsville June 27 notice re: Possible Postal Service Disruption for Property Tax Payments
Please note that the 2016 Interim Taxes will be due on Thursday, March 31, 2016.
Final taxes will be due on Wednesday, August 31, 2016.
- In person: Town Hall, 2nd Floor Customer Service, 37 Main St. East, Huntsville. Pay by cash, interac or cheque. Please note: credit cards not accepted. An after-hour drop box is also available from the High Street entrance.
- By mail: Tax Department, 37 Main St. East, Huntsville, ON P1H 1A1. Cheque only.
- By phone or internet: Please complete through your bank's online or telephone system. Your 19 digit property roll number is your account number.
- PAD: Pre-Authorized Debit Plans by Monthly or Installment (due date) available.
- Mortgage: If you have a mortgage, your financial institution may pay the property taxes on your behalf. A Direction Notice must be completed by the owner and sent to the tax department.
- Credit Card:The Town of Huntsville does not offer the option of paying property taxes using a credit card. However, you may be able to use a third-party service provider that offers additional payment methods, including credit cards. The company listed below provides credit card payment services. Third-party providers charge a fee for their service. Plastiq (Property Tax Payments).
You are responsible for making sure the Town of Huntsville receives your payment by the payment due date. If you are using a third-party service provider, you must clearly understand the terms and conditions of the services you are using. Also, links to other websites, or references on this website to products, services, or publications other than those of the Town of Huntsville, are provided only for the convenience of Town of Huntsville website users. The Town of Huntsville does not endorse these products, services, or publications.
Property Tax Forms & Applications
For a printable version of any of the forms above, please visit our Property Tax Forms page.
Mailing Address Changes
The original tax bill is sent to the owner at the last known address. Your tax bill is your official receipt for income tax purposes. Please inform the tax department any time your address changes. Address changes are only accepted in writing, to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail by filling out an Mailing Address Change Form.
Assessment Rolls - Public Records
The roll books are available to the public and contain property ownership and assessment information. The books are updated annually in December and are provided to the tax department from the assessment office (MPAC). For information regarding property assessments/reassessments please visit the website for MPAC (Municipal Property Assessment Corporation) or call 1-866-296-6722.
Property Tax Levy Chart
2014 Estimates and Property Tax Levy
| Town of Huntsville|| $ 11,405,806|
| District of Muskoka|| $ 15,443,324|
| Board of Education|| $ 8,977,996|