Huntsville Fire Department
CO The Silent Killer
CO alarms are not substitutes for smoke alarms. Know the difference between the sound of smoke alarms and CO alarms. If your CO alarm sounds, immediately move to a fresh air location (outdoors or by an open window or door) and call 9-1-1. Remain at the fresh air location until emergency personnel arrive to assist you.
Your local fire department in Muskoka wants everyone to be warm and safe this winter. Make sure your home is protected with working CO and smoke alarms. Contact your local fire department for more information.
Carbon Monoxide Alarms
It's not just a good idea anymore - IT'S THE LAW!
To keep your family safe:
- install alarms near sleeping areas
- test your alarms monthly
- Carbon Monoxide poisoning can be prevented by following a few simple, preventative measures.
About the Huntsville Fire Department
The Town of Huntsville Fire Department operates out of two Fire Stations, Station One located at 1 Payne Drive in Huntsville and Station Three at 387 South Mary Lake Road in Port Sydney.
Station One houses the full time staff consisting of the Fire Chief, Deputy Chief, Fire Prevention Officer, Mechanical Officer, Training Officer and Administrative Assistant. There are approximately sixty volunteer firefighters working out of the fire halls in Huntsville and Port Sydney.
The Huntsville Fire Department responds to emergencies using a fleet of modern apparatus and utilizes state of the art fire suppression and extrication equipment. The most recent addition is a new UTV that will be used for off-road rescues and fighting brush fires.
Huntsville/Lake of Bays Fire Department has an Equivalency Water Tanker Shuttle Accreditation.
Smoke Alarm Safety
Here's what you need to know!
- Install smoke alarms in every bedroom, outside each sleeping area and on every level of your home
- Test your smoke alarms every month
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every 10 years
- Additional information about staying safe with smoke alarms and how to test your alarms are contained in the links below:
More about staying safe with smoke alarms.
Smoke alarm facts and information
Services Provided by the Fire Department
The following services are provided by the Huntsville Fire Department:
If you require information on any Fire Department service please contact us.